The European Commission sees energy efficiency in buildings as a priority of the Energy Union, yet in many SUDOE space regions (Spain, France, Portugal) there are still important financial barriers for energy renovation of buildings.
Rehabilite aims to provide solutions to the challenge of identifying and using successful financial tools to break the investment barrier for energy renovation of private housing and public building.
The project also seeks to support energy renovation financing through the mobilisation of European investment funds, technical assistance and training.
- To offer a permanent support service to policies for energy renovation in the SUDOE space.
- To promote the implementation of innovative financing tools in policies for energy renovation.
- To prove the technical viability of energy renovation projects using innovative financial tools
The Project considers the following actions aimed at public administrations, enterprises, financial sector and end users:
- Five ex-ante studies and IFs structure
- A SUDOE methodology, for the design of innovative IFs.
- Seven pilot actions to improve Energy Efficiency in buildings with IFs.
- 4 Transnational Forums for the study and exchange of good practices and experiences.
- 2 technical visits to discover in situ success stories.
- National workshops and seminars